Stacy and Jason (oictured above) both jopined ESRA as clients before joining the volunteering team. They are now part pf the ESRA staff team.
Volunteering at ESRA can be very rewarding, and it is a great way to:
- meet new people
- gain new or use existing skills
- get experience
- make a big difference to your community
As ESRA volunteer you must meet the criteria listed below:
- not currently misusing drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs.
- in recovery for at least 6 months.
- be 18 years of age or over.
- be open-minded about different recovery journeys
As an ESRA volunteers you will need to:
- attend a 3-hour induction and related training
- attend the staff and volunteer forum weekly
- adhere to policies and procedures at all times
- act in the best interests of ESRA
- ensure that you ask for help where needed
What ESRA will do for you
In return ESRA will offer you:
- ongoing support including 1-1 meetings with the Recovery Hub Manager every 6-8 weeks
- a choice in what projects to become involved in, subject to ESRA’s needs and capacity as well as your suitability
- out of pocket expenses including travel
- up to £3 for lunch which you can claim if you volunteer for more than 6 hours in one day
- ongoing training opportunities to support personal development.
- involvement in the development of projects and ESRA as a whole
We would love to hear from you.